Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aveo5

Aeolian Wasp , and 'Fly' Violets

aveo5
13 years ago

Sorry if I have the wrong words,but I am not a violet breeder or fanatic...just a fan. I have 1 the 'Fly tail' types, and 2 Aeolian Wasp violets. I am trying to get more. Are there more to grow? I have a Royal Blue Fly Tail, and a pink Aeolian Wasp. Are there more varieties? I am trying to collect some more. I love the flowers on these plants. And the 'bustle' like foliage on the Fly Tail one. Is that common for the Fly tail type?

Does anyone know where I can get some baby plants of these kind of violets, and maybe some names I should look for? I tried EBay, but found only what I have. I did get one called 'Vespa Verde' and it HAD greenish flowers in it. Now they are all white,and the foliage has gone variegated,from all green.

I am also looking to gt a Pixie Blue violet. I think it is THE cutest violet! I grow a lot of fantasy violets,and love hem. But this little 'Pixie Blue' has caught my heart,and I want one so badly! Is it one of the original violets?

Guess I have gone on long enough. Can anyone help me out?

The 'Fly' and 'Wasp' ones are so easy to grow and they wont stop blooming! I would love to collect more, and get a Pixie Blue'. Does 'Pixie Blue' have a white or pink counterpart? Where can they be found? Thanks for any help.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery