Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nwgatreasures

I'm Excited!!

nwgatreasures
13 years ago

I'm in Tallahassee, FL till Friday morning for business and then..............

I'm going to take a visit to Travis Violets :)

Dora

Here is a link that might be useful: Travis Violets

Comments (9)

• bspofford
    13 years ago

You go, girl!!! Make sure to allow plenty of time to admire, ohh, ah, and choose. On the other hand, if you are a little rushed, that gives you a reason to go back soon......

Enjoy!

Barbara, just a little bit envious

• fred_hill
    13 years ago

Enjoy Dora and repot back to us.
    Fred in NJ

• verac
    13 years ago

Ooh, have fun Dora, and let us know what you pick up! I wish there were vendors in California :0( I'm envious too!

Vera/Ca

• alaizabelle
    13 years ago

Oh, if only there were vendors in california....

Haha, I don't think that there would be any more walking space in my house!

I hope you have tons of fun seeing all the pretty plants!

• nwgatreasures
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Whew!
    What a week.

I'd like to publically extend a heartfelt thank you to Travis for his hospitality during my short visit yesterday to his violet warehouse.

You guys wouldn't believe how beautiful it is to stand just inside the doorway of his place and just to look around without even moving from where you stand.

He has plants of all growing stages, all sizes, colors, features.....you name it - he has it. He's got just what I have, only times 200.

It was obvious to me how much he cares for his plants and how he frets over them just like we do our very own children.

I was limited in what I purchased because I still had 12 total hours of drive time (to Savannah and then to Rome) and would have two kids and all their "stuff".

I came home with Spring Dancer, Painted Desert and Wrangler's Banjo Dancin............and his latest catalog. Oh. My. Goodness. I sat on the swing this morning and drooled over everything on my wish list.

I can't encourage you enough to take advantage of what this vendor has to offer.
    Dora

• contrarymarypat
    13 years ago

I am jealous! Were the kids with you at Travis's?
    Mary

• nwgatreasures
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Mary,
    No; the kids weren't with me.
    I was leaving Tallahassee after being there a few days on business and driving to Savannah, GA, to pick up my kids. They had been with my parents while I was in Tallahassee.

Although...... my 5 year old daughter would have LOVED being in that greenhouse with me. She's my violet partner and is really coming along with an appreciation and technique in caring for those violets.

Dora

• contrarymarypat
    13 years ago

It's wonderful she is your violet partner! I try to teach my grandkids but it's a little bit at a time. Glad you all made it home safe and sound.

Mary

• juliebees2009
    13 years ago

Hi I live in GA and i try to go by his place if I am around that area the last time I spent so much I said I was not going back I know what you mean its beautiful in there when you go in i just thought I had to have one of everything.

that reminds me........lol