Return to the African Violets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lovely Picture Trail of AVs and other flowers

Posted by lathyrus_odoratus (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 30, 09 at 10:02

As I'm creating a list of violets I like, I'm looking at lots of websites and photos. While looking for a particular named variety, I stumbled onto this wonderful PictureTrail gallery that is completely public. There are multiple galleries and one of them is even of how to identify different leaf types.

Many of the experienced people are familiar with this, I'm sure, but those of us who are newer will probably find most of these galleries very helpful. The grower, presumably Janet, says she's over 1000 specimens at this time. To me, that seems a full time job!

Her pictures, for the most part, are very well done, too. Most times I could see more from her pictures than many on the Websites selling the plants!

Enjoy the eye candy.

Here is a link that might be useful: AVJanet's PictureTrail Galleries

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lovely Picture Trail of AVs and other flowers

Thanks for the link. Great photography of well grown plants. Something for us all to aspire to......

Barbara

o

The eye candy is tempting! (Should probably come with a warning though ;)

The folder that might serve you well, research-wise is her problem leaf file. Most likely some of these issues will arise eventually on your new adventure...

Although what she calls a 'basket' on Happy Trails doesn't seem like quite the problem some of the others clearly are! I have a Trailer (Dusty's Rich Red) throwing up baskets all over the place. I've been calling them bloomstalk leaves but 'baskets' is much cuter.

My plant with baskets - even more now since photo was taken - as many as 6 that I can count:

http://violetvoice.yuku.com/sreply/2673/t/Bloomstalk-leaves.html

Here is a link that might be useful: problem leaves

o

I've spent many hours on Janet's website--drooling and learning. Her photo tutorials on leaf types and pests are very informative.

o

I have yet to get through all of the folders. It's on my list....I knew as soon as I found it that is was a gem. I just hope some people who haven't seen it are now aware of it and can enjoy it, too---either for the eye candy or the education, or both!

o

Janet is one of the moderators on av brat pack for those of you who don't know. She is the hybridizer of the Allegro series. Very much in the know about avs. Check out the av brat pack forum, very nice people there, lots of pics and info. Patty

o

I agree with patykay. av brat pack is a great site. If you want info that's where to go. Lots of knodledge posted there.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the African Violets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here