Return to the African Violets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Update from DAVS Convention Purchases

Posted by nwgatreasures (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 1, 09 at 13:52

Just wanted to share how some of my purchases are doing. My daughter is thrilled that her plant is blooming still...she continues to speak tenderly to it several times a day, LOL

Here's the Mac's Infra Red Standard that belongs to my daughter:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

And here's the Frozen In Time Standard:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

They seem to like their new home so far. In another week or two, I'm going to remove some of the outer leaves on them and put them down too. Some of the other leaves that I put down didn't make it (about 4 out of 60) but I'm not dissapointed since so many seem to be doing well.

My intention is to have the plants that come from all those leaves in "sellable" condition by the time we have our club's fall plant sale in October.

Dora

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Update from DAVS Convention Purchases

Frozen in Time is one of my favorite plants.
Also, I love that your daughter is interested in violets! In my club, we have members of all ages, but our youngest member is only 10. She has her own small collection of violets and knows how to look things up on FC2 and actively participates in the meetings, mostly the "hands on" portions - like separating plantlets, or repotting, etc. It is a joy to watch! Hopefully this is a hobby both she and your daughter will have throughout her lifetime.

o

Dora,

I found the easter bunny today.....it was a hare-raising experience....

I had really taken it down when I repotted, so it's still pretty small. I should be able to take some leaves off in a couple of months.

Barbara

o

@ Barbara....LOL

I can't wait to trade something with you. I have looked at that picture several times in the past weeks.

Just let me know when you are ready.

Dora

o
Update from DAVS Convention Purchases 2

Dragonfly - Kat is only 4 years old but I love how her tiny hand/fingers fits in between all those pots/cups and how she loves to lift them up and fill them with 'special juice.'

More than that - I love that we have something just for the two of us. The rest of my family just smiles and sometimes laughs at me :)

Dora

o

Dora, thank you for posting that photo of Frozen In Time. I bought a leaf of FIT from Rainbow Violets back in 2007 but have lost the label. Thanks to your photo, I can now re-name my plant.
Yours look very healthy and pretty. I also love your daughter's plant.
I shall have an update photo of my re-potted AVs soon to share with you. Meanwhile, may I share my Frozen In Time here?

Free Image Hosting

Xuan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the African Violets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here