Return to the African Violets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Uploading muliple photos

Posted by 1beautylover2012 none (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 7, 13 at 14:08

Can you guys teach me how to upload multiple photos to my post at ones? I couldn't find instructions.
Thanks,
Polina.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Uploading muliple photos

Hi, Polina!

I found this:
http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg0419464218891.html

I was wondering if you could help me, Polina. I mostly collect violets from Russian and Ukrainian hybridizers. I enjoy reading their websites. (I see your posts on Fialki.ru; that's my favorite forum.) Most of the time I can figure out translation on these sites, but one has got me stumped. Fialkovod, the name of the violet store in Moscow. What does it mean? 'Violet Gadfly'? I wish I had time to learn the Russian language!

~Samantha

o

Fialkovod means violet grower.

o

Thank you, Irina!! :-)

o

Moose,

There are numerous translators on the web. I have found that for Russian, you must use the Russian script to get a proper translation. Google 'translator" and you'll find several.
I use this to find the English names of my Russian violets.

Linda

o

I usually use Google translate, and I tried the cyrillic spelling: Фиалковод
It just translates to: Fialkovod.
Which must be фиалка + садовод somehow!

~Samantha

o

Double root words...

Fialka - is a violet, vod - has a common root with a verb "vodit'" - means to drive or be in charge of.
Sobakovod - will be the person who is has a dog and involved in training or breeding them - sobaka means a dog. Sadovod - - comes from sad=garden - a gardener.

i.

o

Thank you so much for explaining that, Irina!

o

Thank you Samantha. I see you don't need a translator anymore, you've got help from Irina. Google translation is not the best.
Yes, I post some articles from time to time. Now very rarely. If you like you can read a lot of articles or fialki.ru about the shows that I attended and the trips I took. I hope you'll enjoy it. Where do you live?
Polina.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the African Violets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here