Return to the African Violets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where to find 'Mississippi' African Violeet

Posted by showboat MS (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 17, 08 at 15:10

Hello,

I have searched EVERYWHERE for the Mississippi variety African Violet from the Optimara State Series line. I cannot find it or the leaves for sale. Does anyone know where to find this one?

Thanks,
David Dumas
in Mississippi

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where to find 'Mississippi' African Violeet

Hi David. Try calling Lyndon Lyon's and brennans. I phoned in my orders and was told they had many AV's not listed on the site..It can't hurt to try..
Lyndons.. 315-429-8291
Brennans. 540-477-3600
There's also Violet Barn and Violet Gallery.
I Googles, Mississippi AV, Violet Barn popped up..I checked, but couldn't find it on their online site, but it's inevitable, they can't list every plant. Toni

o
RE: Wanted to add

David, forgot to mention, back in the 80's, Park's Nursery sold Mississippi AV's..the name sticks because it was one of the pretties of the few state AV's available. Toni

o

Thanks Toni. I will give these folks a call tomorrow. Maybe they will also have the New Orleans City Series violet.

Thanks,
David

o

I found an Optimara Mississippi this spring at either Home Depot or Lowes. It is already blooming again. If you haven't found one, I'd be happy to send you a couple of leaves...

o

I looked around for Mississippi and I can't find it anywhere either. I had hoped that the Selective Gardener, the official Optimara website, would have leaves of Mississippi for sale, but they don't. If you really want the plant I would take keallaigh up on his/her offer.

Larry

o

Three Oak Violets has leaves for sale at
http://www.hometown.aol.com/acashallison/myhomepage/garden.html (scroll down to their 2008 sale list and click). I have never ordered from them so I can't give you any feedback on how good the vendor is, but it might be worth a try since you can't find Mississippi anywhere else.

Here is a link that might be useful: Three Oak Violets 2008 Availability List

o

I forgot to add to scroll down to the list of standards to find Mississippi. The lists are alphabetized by sizes.

~ Donna

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the African Violets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here