Comments (12)

• netcub
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Heres Another.

• irina_co
    10 years ago

Netcub -

to start with - it is not IT - "patches" has rounded leaves and pink flowers...

It is a very well grown plant with good rosette - but if this thing does bloom once in 2 years - time to gift it away... I had similar situation with Apache Diamond - and it was the most gorgeous variegated plant - with 3 flowers a year - and at my friends' house it started blooming like there is no tomorrow...

Good Luck and get something that will reward your good job with oodles of blooms. Not every plant is suited to your house...

irina

• PRO
    Whitelacey
    10 years ago

I had the same issue with 'Gillian'. Beautiful blooms, just not at my house.

Linda

• terrilou
    10 years ago

I would keep this plant based on the beauty of its leaves alone. It is blooming now & perhaps many more will follow.

Terri

• mooseblossoms
    10 years ago

It looks identical to my Wrangler's Swinging Blues. The foliage is gorgeous! Nice growing!

~Samantha

• 1beautylover2012
    10 years ago

Gorgeous foliage! It's worth to keep it without flowers. Thank you for sharing.
    Polina.

• netcub
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, everyone... I honestly grow these for the foliage, not the flowers, although, i do consider them a nice bonus... It might be Wranglers Swinging Blues... I sent an email to someone Ive purchased several violets from, who has been a grower for over 40 years... Id like to know what it really is, just to know.

• fortyseven_gw
    10 years ago

Hello I came across this thread. I recently got W's Pink Patches. The blooms are supposed to be pink. Probably,
    your plant is Swinging Blues. (Mine has not bloomed yet.
    From what you wrote, I won't expect a bloom any time
    soon.)
    Irina, I am curious to know why your plant is blooming
    at someone else's house. That has happened with me,
    especially with a variegated plant.
    Joanne

• paul_
    10 years ago

â¢Posted by fortyseven
    Irina, I am curious to know why your plant is blooming
    at someone else's house. That has happened with me,
    especially with a variegated plant.
    Joanne
    In all likelihood, it comes down to there being some small -- yet significant -- difference in conditions between Irina's home and her friend's. I've experienced the same thing with some orchids.

â¢Posted by irina_
    It is a very well grown plant with good rosette - but if this thing does bloom once in 2 years - time to gift it away...
    Funny to see how different folks have different views sometimes. Upon seeing the OP's photo, my first gut response was "Gorgeous plant!" followed immediately by "Lord those are ugly flowers! Pinch the buggers off."

On a different plant, I might very well feel differently about the flowers. I simply do not like that color flower with that color foliage. In all honesty if it was my plant, I'd probably continue growing it for the foliage and would pinch any flower stalks as they arose.

I will now allow everyone time to recover from the shock induced by my brazen opinion.

• irina_co
    10 years ago

So red,,, reminds me of Dave's salsa with too much hot red pepper...

• fortyseven_gw
    10 years ago

I think it is Swinging Blues, I recently read a description of what the bloom is supposed to be like on the Travis
    violets on-line catalogue. The blossoms probably look
    different "in person." The color is unexpected because
    usually the blossoms on pink variegation are pink. I'll
    wager it was difficult to hybridize to produce such an
    unusual combination.
    Joanne

• Rosie1949
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Oh I think it is lovely! This plant reminds me of Modesty but only on the outer leaves that don't have much variegation on them. And the flower is a little different color. But I do love your plant. As usual I would love to have one!

I would not care if it bloomed or not. That foliage is really something! Rosie

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz