Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maguiretrots

Re-potted my minis

maguiretrots
11 years ago

Just thought I would share this. I received my 1.5" Oyamas today (good Ebay vendor), and per suggestions, I re-potted my minis, adding some perlite. (The perlite seemed kinda big, so I put it in a small nut grinder and tried to make it smaller. Didn't work too great. I put it in a sieve to shake out the dust.) I've read here how some of Rob's have immature roots, and some of these did, so it's good I re-potted. Some were blooming, and they may loose that since I had to disturb their roots, but there is hope, of course. I left the trailer (Rob's Willawong) in its original cup because it seems happy now, and I guess eventually it will need to go to a 2.5" pot. 1.5" seems to small for it. The 2 white pots in the back are 2.5" Oyamas w/ semis. They are really growing. I guess I need to get the minis closer to the light. I'm still nervous to drop it too much because of the way it caused the full size and the trailer to bleach. But since the minis in their new pots are 13" away from the light now, I will have to drop it some. May think of some way to elevate them, too. Experiment. I appreciate this board. Anybody on the FB AV page?

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz