Return to the African Violets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can anyone ID this noid?

Posted by BlondieJan none (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 26, 13 at 20:33

It's a deep reddish color, ruffled edges on the blooms, ruffled edges on the leaves. Backs of leaves are red. I like it and would like to give it a proper name....

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can anyone ID this noid?

Very pretty plant! Nice deep color.

The topic of NOID identification came up on April 18, 2013. It is on page 3 of the forum and was titled "Please help with ID." For some reason this form won't let me link you directly to it.

If your AV is from Optimara, they have a Variety Identification Guide that might help.

This post was edited by ultra_violet on Wed, Jun 26, 13 at 23:34

o

It may help to know where you got it. Do you remember?

Linda

o

I got it last week at a local grocery store. I have bought healthy plants from them before. I try to get there when they first come in......

o

Jan,

Usually violets from big-box stores and grocery stores come from Optimara so, as Ultra says, check their site. They have an ID section. For some unknown reason, these stores often remove the name tags from their violets. It's a good idea to buy when the plants have just come in. They suffer from negligence at the store.

Linda

o

No luck in my search on the Optimara site. Maybe someone here has one like it and knows what it is. I always get there ASAP to get the best pick. Sometimes, they are still in the backroom, and have not been put on the shelves yet. I have no patience in trying to nurse a half dead plant back to health! :-)

o

It looks like the Patricia from the lilac variety, don't you think?

o

My guess would be Optimara Colorado, but they have several very close Optimaras - you need to pay attention to the description - sometimes the difference will be - leaves are plain - or quilted, or have red back versus green.

Good Luck - and hopefully next time your new violet will come with a name tag and fancy flowers.

i.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the African Violets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here