Return to the African Violets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Boomerang Violets

Posted by fortyseven 9 CA (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 9, 14 at 0:28

Owners want to trade in violets I gave them one year ago because they developed double crowns. Joanne

This post was edited by fortyseven on Wed, Jul 9, 14 at 13:38

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Boomerang Violets

Novices?

o

Yes! And elderly and live in apartments. So I will be nice! Joanne

o

Only a double crown in one year? That's actually pretty good.

o

from one make two! i just love how you can mutilate AV's and they actually do better for it....

Karin

o

They are Optimaras, which tend to form double crowns if the owner is not vigilant. I suspect there are suckers, too.
When I advised the owners how to groom them and to expect suckers attached to the secondary crowns, they opted for my offer to swap the violets for fresh ones. They also want violets I grew from leaves rather than store bought ones for the replacements. I tend to "hoard" my violets grown from leaves for other collectors. Joanne

o

I have violets donated by generous forum users and I will never send back or trade in a one. Mine Mine Mine!

AV's are so individual and unique, I enjoy every double crown and every sucker.

I don't expect perfection from my friends! And what is perfection? A picture in a magazine? No, it is my unique individual violets growing in unusual and sometimes, usual ways!

This post was edited by lucky123 on Thu, Jul 10, 14 at 18:41

o

Hi, You made me laugh! I think I am spoiling these friends ! It is as though they had temporary custody! Joanne

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the African Violets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here