Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
haxuan

Can someone help me, please!

haxuan
14 years ago

Back in 2006 when I was visiting the US, I ordered some leaves from Rainbow Violets (Nancy). When I got back here, the labels were all mixed up! Now all the plants have bloomed but I cannot track their IDs.

Here's what I have (spelling could be wrong):

Mac Southern Spring time

Classic Rock

Frosted Denim

Ness' Grape Fizz

Galactic Storm

Frosty Folic

Black Congo

Alchemy Yellow Star

Mac's Tropical Triumph

Irridescent

Could anyone help with some blooms of their own so that I can ID mine?

Thank you very much for your help.

Xuan

Comments (5)

• quinnfyre
    14 years ago

I usually check out the pics on the AVSA site. They have pics of a lot of AVs. I look at these pics as a sort of second opinion to see if I like the way blooms look, or if the place selling the AV in question just has a particularly nice photo.

Here is a link that might be useful: AVSA photos

• haxuan
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks, quinnfyre. I was able to locate several of my AVs through the photos on the site you gave.
    But I still couldn't find Ness' Grape Fizz, Black Congo, Alchemy Yellow Star and Mac's Tropical Triumph.

Xuan

• m3rma1d
    14 years ago

Here ya go, descriptions from the First Class 2 program:

Mac's Southern Springtime (9482) 09/29/2005 (G. McDonald) Single-semidouble red and white pansy. Medium green, ovate/red back. Semiminiature

Classic Rock (8232) 07/28/1995 (S. Sorano) Single pale lavender sticktite pansy/purple eye. Variegated green and white, plain, ovate. Semiminiature

Frosted Denim (8513) 11/09/1996 (S. Sorano) Semidouble light blue pansy/white edge. Medium green, plain, quilted. Miniature

Ness' Grape Fizz (8140) 01/19/1995 (D. Ness) Double grape star/white edge. Dark green, plain, pointed/red back. Semiminiature

Galactic Storm (8190) 06/09/1995 (S. Sorano) Semidouble-double medium blue star/pink fantasy. Dark green, ovate, quilted/red back. Large

Frosty Frolic (Lyon) Semidouble lavender cupped pansy/green-white fantasy, wide dark green edge. Variegated medium green and white, quilted. Standard

Black Congo (G. Arndt) Single dark plum/gold frilled edge. Ruffled. Standard

Alchemy Yellow Star (9369) 09/24/2004 (D. Senk) Single yellow bell/variable purple fantasy. Medium green, heart-shaped, quilted, serrated. Semiminiature

Mac's Tropical Triumph (G. McDonald) Single-semidouble coral. Variegated medium green and white foliage. Semiminiature (User Database)

And there are two "Irridescent" plants listed:

Irridescent (Whitaker) Ruffled deep pink pansy/lower petals edged lavender, upper petals edgeddark pink and lavender. Standard (User Database)

Irridescent (unknown) Single smokey blue/lighter edge. Quilted. Standard (User Database)

• quinnfyre
    14 years ago

I found pics of Alchemy Yellow Star (look under Senk's) and Mac's Tropical Triumph (look under Mac's) at Violet Venture. She has Ness's Grape Fizz but no pic.

Here is a link that might be useful: Violet Venture

• haxuan
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you very much, folks. You're so helpful.

Xuan