Return to the African Violets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
lighting

Posted by mbjos Pa (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 16, 07 at 6:47

Don't think I explained myself well last post. The plant stand I bought is 50hx49lx10D[shelf depth]. Shop lights won't work. To large depth wise. Would under the counter lights work? Fred thanks for the info, should help. I'll keep you all informed of progress. Thanks

Mary Beth

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: lighting

Mary Beth -

You can get some kind of light sticks (singles) and get them attached under the shelf. Your shelf is not very practical if you have a big collection, 20" deep is better - otherwise your light is wasted. But if your collection is not that big (for now - they always increase) - and if you find a light enough spot in your room, you can possibly get by with one tube light instead of 2 tube fixture. The advantage is that on this narrow shelf you can display your plants very nicely. Under the counter light will work, just remove the plastic cover - it eats a lot of light.

Irina

o
RE: lighting

Return it and make one yourself. Make three rectangles 48X20" cover them with thin plywood for the shelfs and four legs attached to the three shelfs. Add the lights and your done. Did mine for $80 including lights. I used 1x3's for the rectangles and legs.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the African Violets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here