Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lovemyviolets

Buckeye Violets

lovemyviolets
14 years ago

Someone recently posted and asked about Buckeye Violets. The following is my experience with them.......

On July 5th I met with Pat Hancock (Buckeye Violets) in Tennessee to pick up some violets from her. I had asked that she make it worth my trip and bring me $100 worth. There was one plant in particular, a chimera, (Emerald City) that she was supposed to bring but was not able to find before she left for Tennessee. She told me she would continue to look for it and ship it to me when she found it. I received it plus Buckeye Lazy Daze in the mail yesterday. When I met with her on the 5th, I got a box of 23 (I think) plants (some of which are leaves that have multiple babies that are still too small to be separated and potted up which I knew would be the case prior to going to meet her) and at least 8-12 leaves. I am so excited with all of my new plants! They all appear to be very healthy and in great shape. However, as with all new stuff, I have bagged/isolated them just as precaution. Now the bags have all fogged up and it's killing me not being able to look at them everyday!

I am thrilled beyond belief with my AV "shopping" experience with Pat and highly recommend that anyone looking for a Buckeye violet go straight to the source.

Word of warning to anyone out there looking on e-bay for AVs.....Pat was recently told by several people that Buckeye Icebreaker sold on e-bay for $129. Pat sells this plant for $5.

I guess the point is my experience with Buckeye Violets was wonderful and.......if you're looking for a particular AV, shop around before paying an outrageous price. Sometimes those that are advertised as "vintage", "rare", etc. might not be vintage or rare at all.......

Carol

Comments (8)