Return to the African Violets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
largest flower

Posted by Irdmuthe none (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 31, 14 at 11:27

does anyone have an opinion about which varieties of A.V. have largest flowers?
I have one blooming right now, that has larger flowers than the polish strep. right next to it.
would like to obtain more of this type.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: largest flower

There are large blossoms that aren't really very nice. The plants can't hold them up. Super Duper is one that is supposed to be big. Gillian is a large white one but there are mixed reports on how well that one does. LE Meri Kei is a Russian that is related to Super Duper. It is big. I've had Arctic Frost get over 3". King's Ransom is another one that gets big.

I would like to try White Queen, a Russian. I'm not sure how big it gets but I think it's big.

I would say check Lyndon Lyons and the Russians for size.

Diana

o

I have a 'Tenderness' that is just beginning its second bloom cycle. The blooms are huge and held well over the foliage. 'White Queen' is not particularly large and 'Gillian' is a shy bloomer.

Linda

o

Lyndon Lyons lists White Queen as "very large" and the photos I've seen appeared big.

Is that EK-Nezhnost? LE-Sirenevaya Nezhnost looks very pretty.

Diana

o

My violets all came from leaves ordered from there- but I have lost the names by now.
I will take a picture and show you, the one I have is very pale blue fading to white.
ruffly and full.

o

I hope someone else is good at identifying them. A lot of them are starting to look alike to me :) It sounds very pretty though.

Diana

o

Lyons Magic Charms, Kristi's Spunk, and Nancy Leigh all have huge flowers for me. My LMC is a sport, doesn't have the fantasy, but is a beautiful periwinkle blue color. Nancy Leigh is a good plant, but tends to be light sensitive, so I keep it in lower light. Picture is my LMC sport.

o

I once had a Lyon's Magic Charms I loved. I'm hoping to get another good one. I had Nancy Leigh and it was nice too.

Diana

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the African Violets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here