Return to the African Violets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Not a 'Pixie Blue' Trailer- Update

Posted by plantomaniac08 8 (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 17, 14 at 13:59

I posted a few pictures back at the end of May asking for an ID on one of my AVs (I thought maybe it was 'Pixie Blue,' or a trailer period). Thanks to the kind folks on here, I found out it was neither, just a mass of crowns that needed to be separated. I just wanted to update you guys on its progress.

Before (Around the end of May). One of the "suckers" was blooming:
Saintpaulia ionantha ('African Violet') NOID before separation photo 100_4901_zps602c9235.jpg

Today (first real bloom, yay!):
Saintpaulia ionantha NOID ('African Violet') photo 100_5117_zps7cb18757.jpg

Thanks again,
Planto

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Not a 'Pixie Blue' Trailer- Update

Good job :) Happy Blue ;-)

Diana

o

nice growing!
did you keep any of the suckers?

i always find it amazing how the character of the leaves changes as the plant matures. and i really like the texture of those leaves....

Karin

o

Diana,
Thanks! :)

Karin,
Sadly, I am limited on space, so I didn't keep any of the suckers. I think the leaves are unique as well. I can't say I've seen one with such round leaves before (although, I'm not a big AV collector and I'm sure there's more out there). It's a Home Depot NOID, but it's proving to be one of my easiest AVs to care for to date.

Planto

o

Very pretty! Thanks for sharing! That's just a lovely blue.

o

VERY nice!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the African Violets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here