pembroke_gw

pink violets

pembroke
12 years ago

what is your favorite PINK standard violet? Pembroke

Comments (17)

• aegis1000
    12 years ago

I like Pink Summit, a nice bright frilly pink single with a bright white edge.

{{gwi:368692}}
    Pink Summit

• fred_hill
    12 years ago

My favorite pink is:
    Ness' Candy Pink (8133) 01/19/1995 (D. Ness) Semidouble hot pink ruffled star. Variegated dark green, pink and cream, quilted, serrated/red back. Standard
    Fred in NJ

• fred_hill
    12 years ago

My favorite pink is:
    Ness' Candy Pink (8133) 01/19/1995 (D. Ness) Semidouble hot pink ruffled star. Variegated dark green, pink and cream, quilted, serrated/red back. Standard
    Fred in NJ

• pembroke
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I really like the Pink Summit. I think this will go well with my Frozen in Time violet. I found it at the violet barn and have it on order. Thanks for your responses. Pembroke

• Brighid
    12 years ago

Pink Summit is really pretty! And I don't normally like pink. I may have to try this one though.

• aviolet6
    12 years ago

Maggie Lee is great too. Flowers look a lot like Pink Summit. Large plant, fast growing, nice rounded leaves shape easily.

• bloomba
    12 years ago

I really love the Pink Summit, I need to get a Ness' Candy Pink, sounds yummy!

• snappyguy
    12 years ago

My personal favorite is Chanticleer. It's a double, and vintage.

• fred_hill
    12 years ago

If you want a double pink blossom take a look at Dumplin'

Dumplin' (3931) 05/23/1980 (J. Swift) Double pink two-tone. Plain, quilted. Large (TX Hyb)

Fred in NJ

• sonority
    12 years ago

On the subject of pink AVs, does anyone know what this one is?

I found it in an image search on google, and now I just have to find it!

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:368691}}

• aegis1000
    12 years ago

Sonority ...

The violet in your picture really looks white with pink edging.

Take a look at 'Sunday Best' on www.lyndonlyon.com

'Sunday Best' will be a standard.

Here is a link that might be useful: Lyndon Lyon website

• Kinder Devonshire
    12 years ago

I believe that Kris is my favorite; Kris (8620) 06/16/1997 (D. Ferguson) Semidouble-double pink star/purple fantasy edge. Dark green, plain/red back. Large.

• cork_oh
    12 years ago

Here is a pic of my Pink NOID. I purchased at a big box store this spring. When it stopped blooming I took it apart and repotted. It just started to bloom again. I have a great pic, but can't get it here. HELP!
    Cork

• irina_co
    12 years ago

Cork - shrink it to under 100kb, post it in a Gallery section - and put a link in a Discussion.

irina

• cork_oh
    12 years ago

I got the pic in the gallery. Thanks Cork

• irina_co
    12 years ago

Cork -

your violets are not very fancy - but they are amazingly well grown. Healthy - shiny - great color of the leaves and blossoms.

That's another thing - no matter how elaborate is the variety - if it is not a well grown plant - it sucks.

That's why on Shows - you have most of the points for the culture and condition of the plant - not for the quantity and quality of the blossoms.

Good Job!

Irina

• irina_co
    12 years ago

Cork - I sent you a personal email - and it got rejected from both my accounts 3 times with a message

Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned
    550 550 5.1.1 unknown or illegal alias: elgeo****

regarding your question -

Picasa resizes pics for free and if you google for pic resizing - you will find oodles of options.

I.

Here is a link that might be useful: free resizer

Sponsored
Style Savvy Designs
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Northern Virginia's Luxurious Interior Designer & Decorator