Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
riliye

New -- and some questions!

Riliye
12 years ago

Like so, so many people say on this forum, I'm a long-time lurker, first-time poster. Yay! Bask in my newness!

I've started adding to my houseplant collection, and an African Violet was my most recent purchase. I've never been able to care for them well in the past (after doing extensive forum crawling, I'm relatively sure the problem was too much water...and most of it on the leaves) so I'm very anxious to keep this one going. For some reason, my cat has decided that the best delicacy in the house is AV roots, so he's locked out of the plant room. Probably best because he already considers my spider plant a buffet.

I'm also extremely curious as to whether I can get an ID...if only I'd thought of that before I groomed the wilting flowers. It was a NOID at Fred Meyer and wasn't doing so hot when I rescued it, so hopefully it'll survive.

Now let's see if I can get this right. The flowers only have five petals so that makes it a single...and it's not one of the small ones so that's a standard. The flowers were solid dark pink, they don't have crinkled edges, and they glittered in the sun. And if that's not enough...it's the best I can do. I really should have thought to take a picture.

I'm also not so sure I understand the whole symmetry thing. Anyone care to explain?

Beyond that, I just wanted to post a topic saying "Hello AV world!" So...Hi...please don't eat me!?

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm