Return to the African Violets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Conserve Naturalyte for Thrips

Posted by thominindy 6 (thomwhe@comcast.net) on
Fri, Jul 30, 10 at 18:22

Hello All.

Okay, I give. HALF MEASURES DON"T WORK WITH THRIPS. With that said. I have dis budded my plants (so sad). After reading Irina's comment about Neem in the last Thrips thread I thought I would use something stronger, so I got some Conserve Naturalyte. I didn't realise that SC is what is usually discussed here. The folks at Reeds say to use the Naturalyte as it is much less expensive.

Would anyone know the proper dose rate for the Naturalyte? The dosage on the instructions is for outdoor use and I thought that might be too strong for Av's. It calls for 4 tblsp or 2 oz. per gallon of water.

Thanks. Have a great weekend.
Thom

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Conserve Naturalyte for Thrips

Thom =

Have no idea about Naturalite - but Conserve was so overused by farmers - thrips already developed resistance to it.

Irina

o

I was just trying to avoid using AVID. I use NEEM regularly and I know my plants love it, but I'm not sure that it will get rid of my Thrips. I will start an AVID treatment today.

TomInIndy

o
AVID for Thrips

I have read two different threads that say to treat Thrips with AVID three times one week apart. Getting rid of the Thrips in three weeks sounds too good to be true. Can this work in three treatments?

Thank You All
Thom

o

Yep. And do not forget to remove all your buds and blossoms before you start. The buds are the places where they could hide and survive.

irina

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the African Violets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here