Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
juliebees2009

help !!!!!!!!!

juliebees2009
13 years ago

Oh I am so upset right now I am crying I set a few violets out and they were all stolen and i was at home even...I think I may know who done this what would you guys do? I do not have 100% proof but I do think I am sure but I know confronting her will not do any good I had a lot of money in these plants and pots...man its got to where you cant have anything anymore

the bad thing it happened once before and I didnt think it could be a neighbor I thought it some workman we hired to work on the house then.

I am so heartsick i think i will go lay down for a while see if can get to feeling better.

bye for now

Comments (7)

• nwgatreasures
    13 years ago

call the cops if the plants are that important.
    Dora

• Kinder Devonshire
    13 years ago

I agree. Call the police, make a report, give a detailed list of what violets you had, the pots they were in, and your suspicion. Even if they can do nothing, if it happens again they will have somewhere to start. And seeing the police parked in front of your house may give your neighbor something to think about next time she gets sticky fingers.

• juliebees2009
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I did this a.m. and without solid proof they cant do anything, and homeowners want do anything because they did not come into the house and get them and it has to surpass my deducible and with out a police report they will not do anything about it because i didnt see who it was. its a mess always a loop hole.

• robitaillenancy1
    13 years ago

On the otherhand....why give yourself ulcers over plants that likely costs less than $50. Pay yourself a treat and order new ones.

Tell your neighbor that your are upset because there is a thief in the neighborhood. Don't intimate it she is the thief but tell her also you contacted the police and they will now be constantly observing your house.

Nancy

• juliebees2009
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Nancy hon i'm not going to get ulcers, its the principal of someone coming on your property and take what is yours as for as 50.00 it cost more than that in self watering pots. I am a disabled person and they know that and I think that's why she done it and I think she comes in here...if she does I am kindly asking her to put them back where she took them and I will not say a word....as for the police...they dont care that a disabled lady that all she can do most of the time is care for her plants. now how would you feel if this was you or your mom or family member? also you can not order replacement plants for 50.00 online with shipping or even at a store, have you checked lately?
    Nancy hope this never happens to you or anyone else thats reading this.

bye for now,
    julie bee's

• Christine
    13 years ago

Julie Bee's, I understand how upsetting it is to have had your plants stolen. Someone stole a beautiful blooming one from my first husband's grave! That's what got me into AVs in the first place - I bought two twice to decorate his grave. The cemetary manager said people steal nice plants and artificial flowers and sell them at the swap meet. Fortunately it was a very cheap one and not in an expensive pot, but it was still upsetting.

That said, I think Nancy gave excellent advice. If your neighbor is guilty, it puts her on notice. If she is actually innocent, she now knows there is a thief around and can be on the lookout for suspicious people. I also agree that you should get some new plants to cheer yourself up (wait if need be to get decorative pots).

• juliebees2009
    Original Author
    13 years ago

oh my gosh Donna that is low for anyone to do you that way. I suppose there all kinds in this world. But to steal from your grave lot that is as low as you can go.
    I truly am sorry for that it hurts me for you.
    I have a friend she is going to send me some leaves to root and she said she has a neighbor that has a lot and may send me some...
    I went by HD today and they had a few nice large Optimara's so maybe this is a start.
    I again am so sorry that happened to you Donna and lets just hope who ever stole from us they die, now wouldnt that be funny my pots come back without the plants oh that would be so funny.
    well i'm out back to check on some things and have a cool lunch...God Bless you hon.
    take care.
    julie b's

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner