Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mbjos

Russian violets

mbjos
16 years ago

I'm in love!!!! Just on AVSA site looking at Russian AV's varieties. Does anyone Know of dealers that grow them. Found some through other sites, but very time consuming. Any links would help.

Thanks

Mary Beth

Comments (8)

• fred_hill
    16 years ago

Hi again Mary Beth,
    Lyons in Dolgeville, NY carries a number of the Russian varieties. Click on the link below to get to the page.
    Fred in NJ

Here is a link that might be useful: Lyndon Lyons

• bspofford
    16 years ago

Mary Beth,

I know what you mean, they are stunning! Some sources I have found are both retail and e-bay. Lyndon Lyon greenhouses has a few, as does Bluebird Greenhouses. If you go to e-bay, do a search for Russian african violet and some should come up. The only e-bay seller I have bought Russians from is 'aurikab' and she is an awesome shipper. That doesn't mean there aren't others out there, these are just my personal experience.

My cut/paste isn't working, but if you google african violet, both of those greenhouse wevsites will come up.

Good luck, and let us know what you couldn't live without.

Barbara

• fragrantgarden99
    12 years ago

Try also Rob's violet at www.robsviolet.com They also have quite a few nice ones.

FG

• ocelaris
    12 years ago

Yeah, I've gotten at least three russians from Rob's and they're doing great. Very pretty and healthy: Amour Elite, Le Sea of Happiness, and Sagittarius Elite.

• ocelaris
    12 years ago

{{gwi:369446}}

{{gwi:369447}}

• jerome
    12 years ago

That photo is beautiful. What magnificent colors.

• aubreymariah
    12 years ago

I am hoping someone will be able to help me locate a russian av hybrid called Albina. I have searched the catalogs of large growers, such as lyndon lyon etc, but with no luck. If anyone has advice as to where I can get my hands on one I would be very grateful.
    Thanks

• stonesriver
    12 years ago

You can always try eBay. But this time of year many will not be selling again until Spring because of the cold weather.

Linda

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting