Return to the African Violets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Russian violets

Posted by mbjos Pa (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 16, 07 at 21:01

I'm in love!!!! Just on AVSA site looking at Russian AV's varieties. Does anyone Know of dealers that grow them. Found some through other sites, but very time consuming. Any links would help.
Thanks
Mary Beth

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Russian violets

Hi again Mary Beth,
Lyons in Dolgeville, NY carries a number of the Russian varieties. Click on the link below to get to the page.
Fred in NJ

Here is a link that might be useful: Lyndon Lyons

o

Mary Beth,

I know what you mean, they are stunning! Some sources I have found are both retail and e-bay. Lyndon Lyon greenhouses has a few, as does Bluebird Greenhouses. If you go to e-bay, do a search for Russian african violet and some should come up. The only e-bay seller I have bought Russians from is 'aurikab' and she is an awesome shipper. That doesn't mean there aren't others out there, these are just my personal experience.

My cut/paste isn't working, but if you google african violet, both of those greenhouse wevsites will come up.

Good luck, and let us know what you couldn't live without.

Barbara

o

Try also Rob's violet at www.robsviolet.com They also have quite a few nice ones.

FG

o

Yeah, I've gotten at least three russians from Rob's and they're doing great. Very pretty and healthy: Amour Elite, Le Sea of Happiness, and Sagittarius Elite.

o
Sagitarius Elite

o

That photo is beautiful. What magnificent colors.

o
russina african violet Albina

I am hoping someone will be able to help me locate a russian av hybrid called Albina. I have searched the catalogs of large growers, such as lyndon lyon etc, but with no luck. If anyone has advice as to where I can get my hands on one I would be very grateful.
Thanks

o

You can always try eBay. But this time of year many will not be selling again until Spring because of the cold weather.

Linda

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the African Violets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here