Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nyxx_gw

My minis

nyxx
11 years ago

I just recently started growing minis. I was watering them the other day and thought I would share a couple pics. Violets in bloom always make my heart smile. These are still pretty new but I think they are doing well. I hope they bring a smile to your hearts as well.

{{gwi:369487}}

Allegro Paisley Pony

{{gwi:369488}}

Geisha Girl

{{gwi:369489}}

Optimara's Little Diamond

{{gwi:369490}}

The shelves filled.

Any advice on minis is always greatly appreciated.

Comments (11)

• parr
    11 years ago

Where did you get your self , I like that

• maguiretrots
    11 years ago

Beautiful set up.

• tommyr_gw Zone 6
    11 years ago

VERY nice! I love minis and trailers myself!

• nyxx
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Parr I got the shelves off of Amazon. I love them. Super easy to install, easy to move and almost invisible. They are listed as Hanging Window Plant Shelves.

I am glad you all enjoyed the pics. I decided to give the minis a try cause they take up less room then the standards so I can put more plants in the same amount of space. Not to mention there is just something about small things. Kinda like puppies, lol who can resist them?

• aharriedmom
    11 years ago

I love the Optimara's Little Diamond and the Geisha Girl. I'm pretty new to AVs, having acquired my first five plants over the last couple of months. So far I've gotten them locally but I think with seeing the some of the different varieties, there will soon come a day when I have to order them from a grower.

~

Also, add me to the list of people who love your shelf!

*heads to Amazon to check it out*

• ima_digger
    11 years ago

Awesome little violets. They are charming sitting in the tea cups. Also, love your shelf. I am addicted to violets and have over 75. Most are babies from leaves that I received in the past few round robins here. Right now I'm going to check out amazon.com for a shelf. Thanks for sharing.

• nyxx
    Original Author
    11 years ago

It is such an amazing feeling growing them from leaves isn't it? I always feel surprised when the plantlets show up and I realize I did it. Again.

I think we all know how the "first five plants" will soon be more. Very addicting plants. Lucky for us all they aren't illegal lol.

• parr
    11 years ago

nyxx can you tell me about when to take the mini babies from mom .I have some mini leaves from a exchange and they scare me there so little.

• nyxx
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Parr I haven't tried propagating the minis yet as I have just started with them. On my standards I like for the biggest babies to have four leaves. I hope someone here that has more experience with minis answers this as I too would love to know. I want to grow more! =o) I hope there isn't much difference between the standards and the minis other then the size. So far not that I've noticed.

• korina
    11 years ago

Parr, the rule of thumb is to separate them when they're big enough that you feel comfortable handling them. Basically, there's no harm in letting them get bigger.

Good luck and have fun!

• rosie.garden
    11 years ago

You set up is beautiful! I love the shelf, and the tea cups.
    I can't wait to get mine so I can start playing :)