Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
larry_b_gw

rachel's reflections

larry_b
15 years ago

Hello all,

I just tried to visit rachel's reflections. I went to www.rachelsreflections.com and I get a message that the url has expired. Anyone know what's going on?

Larry

Comments (9)

• m3rma1d
    15 years ago

Larry,
    The domain expired in early July.
    Since Rachel passed away in February, it's been difficult for us to get her accounts and stuff tranferred over to new ownership.
    But we are working on it, and we have had success with other things
    (such as getting control of the Violet Reflections Forum, and getting violetreflections.com back up & going when it expired in April)
    So, we will get Rachels Reflections back up as soon as we possibly can.

--m3rma1d
    Violet Reflections/Rachel's Reflections Tech

• larry_b
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi m3,

I had not realize that Rachel had passed away in February. I guess I have been out of the loop for quite a while. My condolences to all of you who were close to her. She seemed like a very special lady. I'm sure she has been greatly missed and will continue to be. Thank you for letting me know.

Larry

• vsjo
    15 years ago

I have definitely been out of the loop! So sorry to hear that Rachel has passed away. I logged on to Rachel's Reflections and found nothing of her writings but other stuff was there although not what I wanted. Because of illness, my AVs were being cared for by others (just watered, really) but now I am better and I need some ideas for bringing them back to their best health. I will review this forum and I am sure I will find what I need.

• m3rma1d
    15 years ago

I am working on getting her page back up--I promise! It will have a new URL, but I will post it as soon as I get it all back up :-)

• fred_hill
    15 years ago

Hey M3,
    Quit dragging your feet and get going on it...........lol.
    Fred in NJ

• haxuan
    15 years ago

Thanks, m3rma1d, for working to get rachelsreflections back for us. I do miss her although I don't know much about Rachel except her wonderful web page. I've learnt so much from it.

May she rest in peace! AV lovers the world over will always remember her.

Xuan

• m3rma1d
    14 years ago

Update: It's back!
    www.rachelsreflections.org

Pass the new addy along to everyone & anyone!

• ninettemayer_hotmail_com
    12 years ago

I am Rachel's daughter and I would just like to express the deepest gratitude to those that have kept her 'love'alive. Mom was an avid African Violet lover as far back as I can remember. I loved her passion for these plants. She was afraid that such a lovely plant wasn't accredited enough. I see now she was successful in making sure the African Violet received the credit it desrved through all of your on going support of this plant even beyond her passing. Thank You.
    A VERY proud Daughter.
    Ninette

• Christine
    12 years ago

Ninette,

Your mom's web site is marvelous. I really liked the photo-illustrated pages as I learned how to care for African Violets and I also referred many newbies to the site. You have every right to be proud: even after her passing she is helping AV fans every day! I am so happy that m3rmald took on the task of saving the information.