Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fortyseven_gw

Nice vendor

fortyseven_gw
9 years ago

Today I received an order from Fancy Bloomers in NJ.
She,Donna, has a great system whereby I was notified by email about a plant I wanted once it was back in stock. The plants I got this time are beautiful and large, and I ordered one of the smaller sizes. I also ordered leaves that were wrapped for moisture. It is a great vendor to work with. I have ordered before and was just as pleased. She has some hard to find and vintage varieties. Reasonable prices.

This post was edited by fortyseven on Wed, Aug 27, 14 at 0:01

Comments (7)

• cdnanon
    9 years ago

Congrats on the order!

glad to hear that your happy with your purchase :)

what all did ya snag in your "goodies" bag?
    (if you don't mind me asking...)

• fortyseven_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hi A-C,
    The plants or leaves I selected include vintage plus others. Chanticleer, Coco, Dumplin, Genetic Gem, Gentle May (Russian), Frosty Cherry (Russian), DonnaâÂÂs Stardust (ownerâÂÂs hybrid), Aly Key Lime Pie, Majesty, Natchurly Nawlins, Wisteria, Kei yoki, Coco, Silverglade Baubles, Tomorrow Pink Ice.
    Joanne

• judyj
    9 years ago

Hi Joanne,
    Thanks for the heads-up! They're out of lots of things, LOL! But I've bookmarked them for next spring!

Best,
    Judy

• fortyseven_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

There have been a lot of conventions the various growers attend and bring a lot of their inventory to sell. Fancy Bloomers is a newer, smaller vendor. However, she seems to restock pretty quickly. She has some interesting you tube videos. Linked to her home page. I am trying to stock up a little now so that something will be growing and blooming in my house, in anticipation for the long winter months when the east coast and Midwest growers do not ship. More vendors seem to be shipping leaves instead of plants than in past years. They are a little more difficult to grow, at least for me. joanne

This post was edited by fortyseven on Wed, Aug 27, 14 at 20:47

• quimoi
    9 years ago

I was really frustrated because she was always out of so much. However, I finally went through the process of doing the "notify me" thing and got an order of leaves in June. Wisteria was also on my list and the leaves look really good. This is a plant I'd grown before.

I was quite pleased too and, yes, she is very nice. She had a few more in stock recently but I didn't think it was quite enough to order again, especially since I have such an overload right now.

I hadn't gotten anything for several years (while I was neglecting them and killing some) so I've been trying to get them this summer. My season for ordering is rather short what with our lousy weather.

I forget what now, but she won some major awards at the Convention.

Diana

• bloodyfrancois
    9 years ago

I am happy with you!

• shihtzu4su
    9 years ago

Can I add my comment in here? I just discovered http://fancy-bloomers.com/... and she has got the BIGGEST selection of miniatures and semi miniatures than I've seen anywhere! I'm awfully impressed with her website and the ease of placing an order... not to mention her REASONABLE shipping cost! A lot of bigger companies have more expensive shipping. I still like Lyndon Lyon, too... but Donna's service and selection of violets just can't be beat! '

Oh, and yes, I ordered ten different leaf cuttings of her miniatures! Can't wait till the weather clears up and she can ship them!