Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bjpoole34448

super thrive

bjpoole34448
14 years ago

Has anyone used super thrive on their plants or know of anyone who has tried it? I have seen a few ads for it saying how wonderful it is and I was wondering if anyone have used it. Thanks

Comments (7)

• pattykay_gw
    14 years ago

I use it in addition to my fertilizer. My violets seem to like it.

• fred_hill
    14 years ago

Hi BJ,
    I've used it also adding it to my normal fertilizer. I have't seen any great changes in growth nor has it harmed any plant.
    Fred in NJ

• quinnfyre
    14 years ago

To be honest, I seemed to notice greater incidences of mushy leaves and funny crowns when using Superthrive. By funny crowns, I mean they start growing in stunted and then eventually fail. I always let AVs get fairly dry before watering again, so it wasn't failing from overwatering. I don't know. I quit using Superthrive a while back and have lost fewer plants. I don't know if it's coincidence or not, but as I didn't see much benefit from using it either, I'm happy enough not to. I did use it according to instructions. I find it stinky also, because of the B vitamin in it, phew.

• nwgatreasures
    14 years ago

I use it.
    I use 1 drop per gallon of conditioned water (with the fertilizer and physan 20)

I've not noticed any problems with the crows but the main thing that I do notice is that it helps the plant to recover very quickly from repotting and cutting down. there is minimal or nonexistence wilting or recovery time.

I recently began paying much closer attention to the planting cycles of the moon (posted in AVM) and Boy! does it make a difference...

Dora
    (who misses being here daily)

• bjpoole34448
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks for the info on super thrive. now another question .My Mom who had agreen thumb, everthing she had bloomed and grew and she swore by fish emulsion. I've always thought it was a little smelly and havn't used it. Any info on this. thanks, Betty

• lathyrus_odoratus
    14 years ago

I was reading an old post on some forum (I don't even remember where) and SuperThrive came up. Someone said that she stopped using it when she learned about how many problems it caused. But, no one ever explained what that problems were! The post was 3 or 4 years old and I wasn't even a member, so couldn't write to ask, but the person may not even be there anymore.

But, it did concern me a bit...

• irina_co
    14 years ago

Betty -

I use it quite often on streptocarpus - and they love it.
    Since my AVs are on mats - it will be really stinky to fill the tray with this solution.

It smells a bit - but next day all the smell is gone. Just do not make it too strong. Your Mom was absolutely right.

Irina

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting