Return to the African Violets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for ID for an old favorite

Posted by Perle_de_Or none (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 11, 12 at 8:27

If anyone knows the name of this one, I would really appreciate it. It is just like one I have had for many years. Its a very hardy plant, but recently the blooms have changed color. One leaf I rooted bloomed with pale blue edges and also the plant bloomed in the dark color only the last time.
I am giving the link, since it is someone else's plant, but it is the same as mine.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/21322109@N00/7437733392/
I am sorry, I don't know how to make a link.
Thanks so much.
Perle

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for ID for an old favorite

On this page there is a flower that looks quite like that one. You have to scroll down the page to find it.

Not sure if the leaf description matches your plant. You can try searching for African Violet Chimera and look at a few of the websites that show up.

Here is a link that might be useful: Royal Dazzler

o

By the way, that's a great flower. Very cheery and fun! I love it. *adds to list of flowers I want but don't have room for*

o

AND - I was Googling something unrelated about AVs and stumbled on a blog and the banner at the top looks like your plant. The information at the side says its Yukako.

Here is a link that might be useful: Houseplant Guru Blog

o

Thanks so much, and also for the great links, I bookmarked both of them.

o

I think I remembered the name, I am pretty sure it is "Chico".

o

• Posted by korina 9b, Sunset 17 (My Page) on
    Tue, Aug 14, 12 at 16:27

You probably have Optimara Chico. Below is a link to a picture; the picture is obviously more purple than blue.

Here is a link that might be useful: Optimara Chico

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the African Violets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here