Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
haxuan

Bell-shaped flowers and variegated foliage

haxuan
15 years ago

These are my first bell-shaped blooms and variegated foliage AVs. Both have pastel colors, one pinkish and the other bluish. Can anyone possible come up with their names?

{{gwi:370136}}

{{gwi:370138}}

Thanks for looking at my photos.

Xuan

Comments (11)

• barbara_in_la
    15 years ago

Very nice!! Sorry I don't know its name.

• bspofford
    15 years ago

There are lots of 'bells' and variegated foliage listed on FC2. Are these standards, minis, or semis? We can try to narrow it down, but that is hopleess is these are varieties not listed on FC2. The first one appears to have fantasy markings.

Anyway, nice plants.

Barbara

• haxuan
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you, Barbara(s) for your comments.

Xuan

• ima_digger
    15 years ago

Hi Xuan
    If they are Optimara african violets, the light pink is IsaBelle and the light blue is AnaBelle.
    I just bought both in our local Walmart for $3 each. The leaves are plain green, not varigated like yours. I like yours better. I seem to go for the variegated leaves on all my plants, especially hoya and violets.
    Eileen

• haxuan
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi ima, I haven't checked on the forum lately. Thank you for the IDs, they could probably be IsaBelle and AnaBelle. It sounds very pretty and I like them LOL.

Thanks again.

Xuan

• twest
    15 years ago

No, those are not Isabelle and Annabelle, I have had both and the leaves are solid green. They are very pretty though, they kind of look a bit like some of Rob's violets.

• plantlady052847
    15 years ago

I love the bell flowers and variegation.Your plant is beautiful! I would love it...named or Noid!

• User
    15 years ago

Hi Xuan, if the top one is a standard, it could be Ma's Midland Fantasy. It is a pastel pink with blue fantasy and has crown variegation. It is not a bell flower but this one looks very similar to it. I had this one a long time ago and is a very good bloomer.

The second one I have no clue though they are both very nice.

Dave

• fred_hill
    15 years ago

Hi Xuan,
    I thinnk you can tell from all the suggestions that naming the beautiful violets in your message that there are a number of possibilites. The following is my take on naming NOIDS which I have stated a number of times recently......................
    I'm against looking for a violet name for a NOID. There are too many violets in the MVL that are similar and one can never be sure that the plant is that variety. If you don't intend to show it you really don't need a name. If you did want to show it I would give it a generic name like Xuan's Choice or something like that. If you want to give leaves to someone just make them aware that the plant is a NOID.
    Fred in NJ

• dragonfly2008
    15 years ago

I have to put in my two cents on the subject.
    Fred's right about showing the plants - make up a name if you intend to show it. BUT, there is certainly NO HARM in trying to figure out what variety your plant is. It is a fun and interesting puzzle, same as those of us who own mixed breed dogs - who hasn't looked at one and said he/she must be a little this and a little that.......

• nwgatreasures
    15 years ago

My goodness.....

thanks for the reminder and vote of confidence that there's no harm in trying to solve the puzzle. I was beginning to wonder if I needed to pull my hand back from being popped with the reminders that things have already been discussed or that perhaps one person's opinion (or take) on a subject is the violet gospel and therefore all futher discussion should cease.

Violets are supposed to be FUN

Stepping back into the corner to play in the dirt and waiting till spring when we can share some more leaves/babies.

Dora

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County