Return to the African Violets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Supports?

Posted by cajunkisses2007 9 (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 22, 07 at 8:47

I saw posted somewhere, (here I think) that you can make leaf supports out of a styrofoam plate? If someone has the link to where this was posted or can give me directions on how to make it, i'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Belinda

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Supports?

Take a styrofoam plate and place your plant in the center. Trace the outline of the pot.

From the center of that circle, cut to the edge of the line making arrow points. Bend these. Insert pot and tape arrows onto pot. Write name on support.

While these are inexpensive to make, the commercially made supports themselves are very inexpensive as well depending on the size you need.

Nancy

o

Thanks Nancy! That worked a treat. :)

o

I dont get it, what are you trying to do? Now I am curious.

Tacy

o

Tracy here is a pic of the support I made from a strofoam plate as Nancy described to hold up the leaves on my Lyon's Plum Pudding. They were a bit droopy and I want them to grow more flat.

You can just see it peeking out. Hope this helps explain it.

Belinda
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the African Violets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here