Return to the African Violets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Oyamacare

Posted by bragu 4a (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 23, 13 at 9:22

So I've got this one AV that is resisting change.

I told him that I am repotting him, and he is going into an Oyama pot. He said he didn't want to go under Oyamacare. He's been listening to the radio, and all the talk in Washington about death panels. He's scared, and it shows.

Well, now that he's got his feet wet, he's deciding he does not want to change. He went from needing a wheel chair to being placed in ICU under a tent/baggie. The prognosis is not good ...

All his cousins have made the transition. They like Oyamacare ... except for one strep...

Or, have y'all heard this somewhere before?

*scratches head* damn, this sounds familiar ...

˘.˘ --~

dave

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Oyamacare

Dave,
Repeat after me--"Plants are individuals, just like people. Plants are individuals, just like people." ALL African Violets will not thrive under the exact same conditions. The growing methods we all know-light, water, etc., are guidelines not rules to be rigidly adhered to. You have to experiment to see what conditions a cultivar, and even an individual within that cultivar, will respond to. Apparently, Oyamacare is not for him. Don't force it on him. (I hope Washington is listening). But I digress...

Linda

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the African Violets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here