Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
becky15349

My tray of leaf babies :D

becky15349
10 years ago

My name is Becky, and I am a returning Av grower. I love this forum!!! I have been reading all your posts and am learning a lot. I had av's when I was in grad school for horticulture and then kinda forgot about them for a while bc Itook on growing orchids, which I've been doing successfully for 10 years now. I wanted to try something fun and new this summer, so I am taking a stab at propagating av's from the leaf cuttings. They have been in the soil since July 18th so they don't have any mouse ears yet :) just wanted to show you guys my tray, I think I've got the bug!! I do have some leaves that just won't root, I've tried bayou baby twice now and it has rotted both times.

Comments (2)

• irina_co
    10 years ago

Bayou Baby is a rare one. I only see that Bluebird Greenhouses have leaves - and that's about it.

Next time you get hold of it - presoak the leaf in a weak solution of a Superthrive. There is another absolutely magic concoction - called Fresh-n-Grow - it is made in Japan - but I am not sure it is still available. For some time it was sold by an AV vendor Lynn Lombard in CA, but i think she run out of it.

I.

• philpet
    10 years ago

Good luck, I have a few trays myself :). About the rotting trust me it happens to all of us, I have had leaves rooted and then rot :( but if you love AV as much as all of us here you will eventually figure them out.