Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
abigail1280

Mother Leaf and droopy violets

abigail1280
13 years ago

I went on vacation for 11 days and I thought my violets would be ok while I was gone. I have them all wick watered. I live on the east coast of NC and it's been 95F+ most days with right around 100% humidity. We left our AC on and came back to find our house at 95F inside. We hired a guy to come in yesterday to fix it all, and he's created more problems for us that what was originally wrong. It's become a nightmare, and though it's actually cooled off some outside and has rained a good deal, it's still anywhere between 85F and 95F in my house. My plants for the most part did ok. One of my peace lilies looked half dead, but after a good watering, it perked back up. My hoyas actually all look better now, lol. They grew quite a bit while I was gone. Most of my African Violets look ok, but some of them have become droopy. Is there anything I can do to help them perk back up? I'm hoping the ac will be fixed today. It's normally 74F in my house, so I have a feeling the heat change is what's affecting them.

Also, I have several leaves with "mouse ears" that all did fine while I was gone, except one. I was kind of concerned about it before I left, but the mother leaf has pretty much shriveled up. The babies still look very healthy. They're not quite the size of a dime. The leaf is Rob's Love Bite. Can I go ahead and remove the mother leaf?

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!