Return to the African Violets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
looking for description/Modisten Droum

Posted by shireen Baltimore, MD/7 (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 28, 07 at 11:38

Hi ... I have a Swedish AV, I think it's spelled "Modisten Droum". It appears to be a standard, with dark scalloped leaves, and pink star with light purple fantasy edges. At least that's what my AV looks like. Does anyone have a formal description of it?

Thanks!
shireen
Baltimore, MD

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: looking for description/Modisten Droum

• Posted by korina 9b, Sunset 17 (My Page) on
    Thu, Sep 6, 07 at 16:56

Shireen, it's not in FC2, probably because it hasn't been registered with the AVSA, so you might check eBay; you can pick up lots of foreign AVs, and the sellers usually have good descriptions.

Good luck.

Korina

o

• Posted by shireen Baltimore, MD/7 (My Page) on
    Thu, Sep 6, 07 at 17:10

Korina, thank you! I searched FC2 as well, didn't find it there, probably because i's a Swedish cultivar. I got the plant from Ebay and the lady who originally sold it hasn't been on Ebay for a while. Not a big deal, whether it's blooming true or not, I love it. :-)

cheers,
shireen

o

Shireen,

This plant is listed on e-bay right now as Modisten Drom, but there appears to be an error in the description. Contact the seller, maybe she can help.

Barbara

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the African Violets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here