Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
zwaantje_gw

HELP! I've done something wrong, can I still rescue this..?

zwaantje
14 years ago

These pictures are of the pathetic remains of a beautiful blooming 'Ultra Violet Orbit'. I re-potted it after the blooming took a short rest, and because it had been in the same soil for almost 9 or 10 months.

I suspect that I watered it too much after repotting. It became more and more limp. I took it out when I thought it had been too wet and re-potted it again, but before putting it in the soils I noticed that the roots had shrunk. I did take off some of the larger leaves.

But today I decided something drastic had to be done so again I took it out of the pot. It wasn't wet, but moist and the soil was light and airy. When I tried to find the root clump, there was hardly anything there. I carefully rinsed all the soil off the remaining roots because at first I suspected it might have the white fluffy root bugs. Not so, there were hardly any roots left.

So I now took off the remaining large leaves. I will try to let the leaves root, I am so p....d off at myself that I destroyed it so I am determined to save it if even remotely possible.

But is there still a chance that I can save/rescue the plant stump? What ever has to be done, I'll do. Well, almost...

Here are the pictures.

If you have any idea what I can do, please let me know. Thank you so much in advance!

{{gwi:371375}}

{{gwi:371376}}

{{gwi:371377}}

{{gwi:371378}}

{{gwi:371379}}

Comments (3)