Return to the African Violets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Gloves

Posted by whitelacey 6 (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 20, 13 at 16:43

Does anyone have a recommendation for gloves to use while working with violets?

My gardening gloves are too bulky and the HD latex gloves are too flibbaly. I need something for small hands that will fit tightly and make it easy to do the violeting chores we all have to do.

Linda

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gloves

I use HD latex - and chuck them every time I get called to real life. You probably can bum several blue ones from your doctor and figure out where to get a box of them. I think they are tighter.

I.

o

I have the HD ones and they are so big they're pretty much useless. I may try E Bay buy I'm not sure what to look for.

Linda

o

you could always use the gloves that come w the hair color kits too, but your local pharmacy should have them.
labs order them by the truckload.

if you have sensitive skin, beware of the ones with powder inside ...

˘.˘ --~

dav

o

Linda, most stores sell Latex gloves.
They come in sizes extra small-extra large.
I too have small hands..I don't wear gloves when I work with house plants, but when cleaning the bathroom, I don extra-small. They fit perfect.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the African Violets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here