Return to the African Violets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rob's Pink Buttercups

Posted by whistlermt (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 31, 07 at 17:15

Hello lovely Violet people...I was wondering if anyone has had trouble with Rob's P.B.? I have a little set up at work where I have three of his mini's blooming beautifully, but the freebie that he sent me has not bloomed even once! R.P.B. seems to really get bunchy if he's near the light, so I've tried covering him with a postit note which was okay, but ugly so now he's hiding under two of my standard NOID's. Like I said I got him as a freebie from Rob about 8 months ago and he has yet to produce anything, all the other mini's that I ordered at the same time are on there second round of blooms. Any suggestions? Here's some pics of my set up, click the thumbnail to go to a larger image.
Free Image Hosting at www.picturetrail.com

Thank you!
Katie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rob's Pink Buttercups

Sorry for the double post...

o

The only thing I can think of is to try repotting it. If it's been 8 months, dig the plant up, check out the roots, make sure that it doesn't have a long neck under the soil, etc. If you're desperate to see some bloom, I'd also give some bloom boosting fertilizer a shot. This could also cause bunching of the foliage, so don't do it for too long.

I just find some varieties take longer to come into bloom. Especially as younger plants? Rob's Zoot Suit I've had for 9 months now, and I've only seen 2 measly blooms so far, but right now it seems like it's building up some buds, so I think some just take patience.

o

Maybe if you drop it from a two story stairwell...

Actually "they" say to tap the root ball on the table, or squeese the root ball to snap it into action.

If you repot it, that should be enough handling. Bet in 6 weeks after repotting you'll have a bloom.

Nancy

o

I have had more problems with Rob's violets than any other. Either they throw suckers and don't bloom or root rot, or just get pretty foliage and that's it. I do have some that are doing well. But the ones that are not really disapoint me.

Joanne

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the African Violets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here