Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pokey24

african violet leaf/plant supplies in the UK?

pokey24
12 years ago

Hi.

I'm a UK resident who has recently caught the african violet bug!!! I have 5 african violets, all NOIDs from garden centres but all extremely beautiful and I want more! I was wondering if anyone knew of places in the UK that supply african violets or leaves for propagating. I'm looking for some more interesting ones, such as mini's, trailers and some of the russian hybrids which look amazing. I already know of Dibleys and am considering buying a few from there, I also keep my eye on ebay.co.uk, but is there anywhere else? I would love to buy a few leaves from interesting plants and have a go at propagating them (Hint: if anyone feels like fueling my new addiction please send me some leaves!!!!!!! I would love you for ever :D ) You americans are so lucky! I literally drool over some of the violets from american online catalogues, but the cost of shipping, plus the fact that a psytosanitary certificate costs about $50, means I can't afford them :( Just out of interest - would a leaf/starter plant actually stand a good chance of survivng being shipped from the US to the UK?

Anyway, any info would be greatly appreciated. Also info on any UK based societies/clubs would be cool :)

Cheers xxx

Comment (1)