Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
seaecho1

Russians-what is your opinion on them?

seaecho1
12 years ago

I've heard both good and bad opinions on Russians. Of course, this fascinates me since I've never seen one except online. Now I must have one, lol! Finding the space will be an ordeal, but hey, there's always room for one more, even if it happens to be a giant, right? What are your favorites, and why? Do you find them easy or difficult to grow? Do they require any different culture? Thanks.

Comments (9)

• snappyguy
    12 years ago

I only have 1, Ozornye volki, and really enjoy the huge blooms it has. Very floriferous too. The foliage doesn't behave as well as some plants, but there's no reason it couldn't be trained into a show plant.

• snappyguy
    12 years ago

I should add that I find mine quite easy to grow, no different than any other AV. Ozornye volki is a standard, and I find it really doesn't get any larger than 12".

{{gwi:371814}}

Ozornye Volki (9507) 12/05/2005 (E. Arkhipov) Single-semidouble lilac-lavender frilled pansy/blue fantasy, blue edge. Dark green, pointed. Standard (Russ/Ukr)

• ima_digger
    12 years ago

very pretty!!

• aegis1000
    12 years ago

Blue Mist is very nice.

Offered by Lyndon Lyon.

• seaecho1
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Snappyguy, your Ozornye Volki is really neat looking. Love the color! Its nice to know the Russians are easy to grow, as I'm now thinking of getting one. I'll check out Blue Mist too. Now. . . I'd love to see more pics of Russians!

• ima_digger
    12 years ago

Very pretty flower. I don't have any Russian violets yet. Will have to get one!!

• aegis1000
    12 years ago

{{gwi:371815}}
    Blue Mist

• ima_digger
    12 years ago

OMG!!!That is AWESOME!!!

• aegis1000
    12 years ago

When that violet bloomed ... that was my exact thought.