Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
birdsnblooms

Where can I buy AV pots?

birdsnblooms
15 years ago

Does anyone know where I can buy AV pots? Round/plastic.

I tried Cape Cod Violetry. It gives a message, Coming Soon.

I need about 24 pots..LOL. Thanks, Toni

Comments (17)

• fred_hill
    15 years ago

Toni,
    Just keep trying Cape Cod. I buy all my pots there.
    Fred in NJ

• birdsnblooms
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hey Fred...
    I forgot to ask. Most of my new AV's are potted in square pots. I plan on repotting in round pots. Is this going to cause problems?

• bspofford
    15 years ago

Toni,

Cape Cod Violetry does not have a website yet. You can e-mail them at violets@cape.com, or call them at 508 993-2386.

If you go back to your emails, on June 15, 2008, I forwarded you a copy of their catalog from January, 2008.

Barbara

• cyberdancer
    15 years ago

Toni,

Novosel Enterprises has a great selection of pots. Also, if you google African Violet growing supplies you'll get several sources.

There won't be any problems changing from a square pot to a round one. I prefer round ones too.

cyberdancer

• fred_hill
    15 years ago

Toni,
    I don't do square pots either. You should have no problems switching to rounds.
    Fred in NJ

• birdsnblooms
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Barbara, June 15th??? Has it been that long? Sheesh. I still have to finish. LOL. I have 2 pages of emails that need answering..sigh.
    I'll have to go back to see if the dl's available.

Hey Cyberdancer..good to see you..How's everything going?

Thanks Fred..guess it's going to take some jingling and jangling, made-up words, you see? Toni

• larry_b
    15 years ago

Hi Toni,

I get my violet pots from The Violet Showcase. There located in Denver. If I happen to be down there I just pick some up, but many times I mail order them as it is cheaper to pay postage than it is for gas. Just log onto their website and you can look at their catalog. They also do mail order violets and you can get a catalog for them too.

Here is that link:

The Violet Showcase

• birdsnblooms
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi Larry..I found 2 places..The nursery Cyberdancer recommended called Novosel Enterprises.
    They have a variety of sizes so I got: Round, 2.5, 3.0, 3.5, pots..Saucers: 5, 8, 10, 12, 14". Larger saucers are for other plants.

There's another nursery called Bluebird..I'm going to purchase a few more 2 1/2 and 3" pots, saucers, and the Alsobia plant..LOL..
    Thanks everyone. I wish I'd have ordered earlier, just call me procrastonater..LOL..Thanks, Toni

• lilypad22
    15 years ago

Mrs Strep Streps sells all sizes of pots up to 4". mrsstrepstreps@comcast.net.

• birdsnblooms
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Lilypad is that someone's email address?? LOL. Toni

• irina_co
    15 years ago

Yeah - it is Kathy Spissman's email - she is the nicest lady of the whole Georgia.

I.

• lilypad22
    15 years ago

Yes, Kathy is great. I've been to her home a couple of times and bought plants. She sells on ebay too. Her husband actually handles the pots sales. They are really nice people.

tish

• birdsnblooms
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Irina, what would I say in an email? LOL..I'm embarrassed.

Tish, it's great you and Kathy are friends. Can you reveal her Ebay screen name? If not, can u email me via GW? If it's not too much trouble. Does she have a website?
    It'd be nice living near someone who has the same hobby's you do. One friend who lives a few blocks away, has given up growing plants. Now it's me, myself and I..oh well.

• m3rma1d
    15 years ago

Toni--Write and tell her you wanna order some pots, what's so hard about it?
    She sells them, I'm sure she's gotten emails from inquiring potential customers before...

• birdsnblooms
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Barbara, some people are shy, others outgoing, gregarious. I fall in the first catagory. It's not that I'm a snob, on the contrary. Since she doesn't know me, it's possible she may even delete the email.

• m3rma1d
    15 years ago

I'm not Barbara.
    But anyhooz...

You certainly don't seem shy on here, so maybe that's why I didn't think sending an email would be any different.

And if a vendor deleted emails from potential customers, I don't think they'd stay in business very long.

• birdsnblooms
    Original Author
    15 years ago

M3, I apologize for calling you Barbara.
    No, guess I'm not shy here..When I first posted, Fred and others were very warm and helpful, which made me feel comfortable and welcome.
    His and their kindness opened the door begetting me to ask questions and even joke around about ordering more plants even though I was out of room. But, yes M3, I am shy. Toni

I want to thank everyone for posting AV supply nurseries. But as I mentioned to Larry on Friday, I went to the site CyberDancer recommended, and placed the order that very day. Of course, it's always nice learning of other nurseires for future reference.