Return to the African Violets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Editing circles (?)...

Posted by whitelacey 6 (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 30, 13 at 23:23

Can anyone tell me how to do those circles on photos that are posted here? I saw someone do that on a recent post to point out certain violets in a photo.

Thanks,
Linda

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Editing circles (?)...

I do them in a program called photoshop. I think you can get a scaled-back inexpensive version of it. The real thing runs several hundred.

I think some call them art balloons, or some such professional silliness. Basically you draw a circle. Fill the inside with white color and type, at least that is one way. Or you can draw a text box, use an arrow as a pointer and name or describe what you are trying to point out.

You could also Email me pix and I could do it for you ... if you include the idents ...

dunno if that helps ...

dave *will work for leaves* Ha!

o

Philpet sent me some photos to look at and it would be nice if I could circle the ones I want to talk about. Much easier than saying, "see that big one on the left? No, not that one. The other big one, next to the not so big one." He (she?) has four photos on the Hobby or obsession? thread that need discussion. I guess I'll have to go with the earlier method. Take a gander at them if you like. Maybe we can figure out a plan B.

Linda

o

you can make circles in the default "Paint" that comes with windows, too.

(screen shot done entirely with Alt+Print Screen and Paint)

o

Thanks. I'll have to play around with that in the next few days. :)

Linda

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the African Violets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here