Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nwgatreasures

Lunar Planting Phases

nwgatreasures
14 years ago

Anyone have the status for the next 4 or 5 days?

I don't have my AVM and don't know the source to go finding that information.

Help?

Dora

Comments (4)

• bspofford
    14 years ago

Hi, Dora,
    Sunday, Monday barren (Aries). Tuesday, 6:17am through Wednesday is semi-fruitful (Taurus). Thursday starting at 12:17 pm is barren again and so is Friday (Gemini). Starting on Saturday the 12th at 4:19pm is fruitful, Sunday fruitful (Cancer). Monday the 14th at 6:39pm is barren (Leo and Virgo), and all through the week until Friday the 18th at 9:26. That then starts a good spell of good working time. Friday the 18th at 9:26 pm to Monday the 21st at 12:52am is semi-fruitful (Libra), then fruitful until Wednesday at 7:43am (Scorpio).

I have assumed that the waning phase does give us a little extra time, just not as good. For example, Sunday the 13th is semi-fruitful, and Monday at 6:39pm is barren. I assume that Monday morning is still in a semi-fruitful stage but not as much, since the moon is waning. Is that your understanding?

Barbara

• nwgatreasures
    Original Author
    14 years ago

yeppers, that's my understanding.

Too much to do and not enough fruitful days here lately.

On a more positive note, I just finished preparing (with the help yesterday of a fabulous violet friend) over 219 plants for our sale. They have been groomed, sprinkled, sprayed and inventoried and are placed on the light stand waiting till the 25th when they get to go meet their new owner(s).

Now my task is to clean up and organize all the supplies and tools and get them packed away so my family can enjoy our kitchen and bar area again.

Oh - and I've got to frost my husband's birthday cake....red velvet. He'll be celebrating his 33rd anniversary of turning 29 :0

Barbara, or anyone - where do I find the lunar information without having to purchase a book that cost $25? I guess I should take teh AVM the day it arrives and make a copy of the lunar page and place it in my AV tool box.

Dora

• bspofford
    14 years ago

I do copy the page and put it in the pocket of my calendar. I sometimes highlight the fruitful and semi-fruitful days on the copy and the calendar.

I googled LLewellyn's 2009 Moon Sign Book, and you can pick up used copies for about $5.00. I can see the advantage for knowing the schedule way ahead if you want to plan a big potting session. I may put a copy for 2010 on my Christmas list.

Incidentally, the times given in AVM are Eastern Time.

Barbara

• rn_net
    12 years ago

I invite you to my lunar calendar for gardeners

Here is a link that might be useful: Lunar calendar