Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
froeschli

What's on the shelves today? (Photos please)

Karin
9 years ago

It's been quiet around here lately, so I thought I'd start a small photo thread...

After disbudding for thrips, I finally have a few blooms again. And more are in the making :-)

Bottom center (below the avocado) are some of my seedlings - they are growing like weeds!

Karin

This post was edited by froeschli on Mon, Sep 8, 14 at 13:49

Comments (15)

• Karin
    Original Author
    9 years ago

And here's the window sill.

• terrilou
    9 years ago

This is a stand from my plant room with some young plants, some that were disbudded & some bloomers. PowWow is in the center & Ode to Beauty on the bottom. The young streps are starting to come into bloom.

• Karin
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Those are some beautiful plants terrilou!

almost makes me consider getting some streps, alas, it's rather obvious that i am running out of space - I am waiting for my unlabelled noid-babies to start blooming, so i can discard any that i have more than two of....

Karin

• terrilou
    9 years ago

Thanks Karin. I must say yours are mighty fine also! I am envious of your windowsill. . . it looks to be a great place for plants. What is the name of your large variegated violet in the first photo? That type always catches my eye.

Terri

• susan_kc
    9 years ago

I love threads like these--it's so fun to see everyone's plants. :)

Here is my kitchen shelf:

• susan_kc
    9 years ago

And artificial light shelf:

• Karin
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Terri, the big variegated one is "Wrangler's boot stompin' " - i was talked into taking it by the previous owner who threatened to throw it out because it was getting too big. I almost agree, i could squish 6 semis/minis into the same amount of space :-p but i like the plant overall... i might give it to someone, but wouldn't just trash it...

Kcgirl - love those kitchen shelves! If DH wasn't been planning on moving again soon, I'd have him put shelves in my window too!

• fortyseven_gw
    9 years ago

Great thread and beautiful photos.

This post was edited by fortyseven on Tue, Sep 9, 14 at 11:38

• aegis1000
    9 years ago

* Harmony's White Lace
    * Sansoucy Julie Marie
    * Bloomlover's Fantasy
    * Perfect Harmony
    * Pearl Lake
    * Apache Jewel

• aegis1000
    9 years ago

Bloomers are ...

* Irish Lullaby
    * Love In Bloom
    * New Year's Eve (lower shelf)

• aegis1000
    9 years ago

Bloomers ...

* Shazam
    * Lyon's Black Magic
    * Cranberry Crush
    * Anastasia
    * Easy Breezy Day
    * Red Rocket

• aegis1000
    9 years ago

* Apache Daydream
    * Blue Dragon

• Karin
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Nice plants aegis!

• terrilou
    9 years ago

Lovely plants all! Aegis, the natural light works so well for your plants. I do see a lamp but don't know if you grow any under fluorescents? I like your two pink variegates growing side by side. . . very pretty!

• aegis1000
    9 years ago

I don't have quite the right window exposures to produce bloom in all of my plants, so I use no less than a dozen CFL equipped desk-lamps.

I've hung shop-lights before, but the CFL's in desk-lamps are much more convenient and decorative for me.