Return to the African Violets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dark spots on every leaf! help

Posted by jollygreen07 (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 16, 07 at 11:21

I have grown african violets for years. I put my three favorite plants outside one day for some fresh air. They were under the cover of the front porch... Well, here in Colorado we got an afternoon rain shower and the next morning every leaf had a large brown spot on it. What should I do?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dark spots on every leaf! help

Did the sun come out after the rain? When water touches the leaf then the sun shines, it is like a prism and doubles the intensity and will burn the leaf.

Nancy

o

I get lots of intence sun here, so I think that is what happend ! Should I pinch off all the leaves? or just wait untill they die? Every leaf has a huge brown spot in it with some green around it. About 60% of each leaf is affected. I love love my plants and I want to save them. Thanks for your response.

o

You will need some of those green in the leaves to supply nitrogen to the plant. Don't take off too many leaves unless it is a large plant.

nancy

o

Thank you Nancy for your advice. I think I will get a grow light for the ICU !!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the African Violets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here