Return to the African Violets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Violet ID

Posted by bill_ri_z6b (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 25, 09 at 15:44

I grew this plant from a leaf I got a few years back from a family member. I was wondering if anyone knows the name of this one. It's a regular size, not a miniature and blooms constantly, not seasonal.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Violet ID

I got one that looks just like that. They are really pretty, but just as yourself I don't have an id for it. I bought it @ stop and shop and they don't usually have tags in them. I'm pretty sure someone here will help you ID it.

Nae boston

o

Hi Bill~
Very pretty AV. I love the color. Sorry I can't help with the ID either, but I wanted to comment on how crowded the plant looks. It may just be the angle, but it appears there is an awful lot of leaves coming from all directions. Have you ever re-potted it?

The experts will probably jump in and correct me, just goin by what I see.

Maid~

o

Maid,
It is looking almost straight down. I have just repotted it about two months ago. All the leaves radiate out from the center forming a very even round, flat shape and the flowers are filling the center. Almost looks like somebody arranged a bouquet.

o

Many violets look alike, so it's impossible to find its real name. Most bought in stores are not named. It is a beautiful plant and you can give it a special name of your own. I have many NOIDs and I name them Eileen's ******. If I trade or give them away, I tell the person that they are NOIDs.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the African Violets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here