Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lunrtwilight

Plant light questions

LunRTwilight
10 years ago

Hello, everyone!

First of all, I forget who said it, but getting my first AV order in the mail was absolutely a rewarding experience! I can't wait to order more! (This is going to be addictive, I can tell.)

Secondly, my new arrivals are doing well. I'm keeping them away from the rest of my violets, just as a precaution, but the lighting at home isn't ideal. We get some sun in a few windows, but I fear it's not enough. I've set up a plant light to supplement the natural light, but how long should I leave it on? I think it is a broad spectrum, bought from Wal-Mart. I don't imagine it's very strong. Do they grow better under grow lights or natural light? Does it even make a difference? I was mostly concerned about my Wrangler's Swinging Blues because the leaves are mostly pink and have fewer chlorophyll factories.

They don't look like they need to be re-potted yet, the roots are in good shape and only the Louisiana Lullaby looks a little top-heavy and nearly topples the pot (the petioles are much longer on this one).

Comments (3)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES