Return to the African Violets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
More Help Needed!!!

Posted by cajunkisses2007 9 (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 9, 07 at 18:58

A very kind gentleman that saw my plea from this forum sent me many lovely baby plants back in March to help me get started. All are named, all have survived and grown to be beauties (at least I think so)

The problem is two of the plants are misnamed. I realized this as soon as I saw the first bloom (this week). I emailed the kind man to inquire about the first one which he had labeled as Kermit. The foliage doesn't look at all like Kermit but more like Irish Flirt. He admitted to trying to keep the names straight but sometimes makes a mistake and that he does have an Irish Flirt so it could be. So please take a look and tell me if what I suspect is right.

Kermit or Irish Flirt?
Free Image Hosting at www.picturetrail.com

The second one is to me a real beauty no matter what the name ( I just love it!) but I would love to know what the REAL name is. The color of the bloom in the photo is the TRUE color of it. He had it labeled as Ode to Beauty but there is no way it could be. The blossom is not the correct color or type for Ode to Beauty but it is nice and symmetrical. So again please take a look and if you have any idea PLEASE tell me.

I have not seen any posts or replies here from that sweet man since then and have not recieved a reply yet from my second email. Maybe he will see this (hopefully) but if not maybe you guys can help me PRETTY PLEASE.

Thanks,
Belinda

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: More Help Needed!!!

The second one is definitely NOT Ode to Beauty.

The first picture could be Kermit. Wait for it to mature just a little. It might also be Irish Maiden if the flowers are true to that description.

Irish Flirt would be quite a bit smaller than this appears to be. Irish flirt is a Semiminiature while Kermit is a standard, although it grows as a small standard for me.

Nancy

o
RE: More Help Needed!!!

Hi,
Contact the man again and ask him if he has "RD's Illusion".
Fred in NJ

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the African Violets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here