Return to the African Violets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
No AVs anywhere

Posted by mlestock Maine (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 30, 08 at 22:29

Hi all, I just moved to Maine and I've been looking everywhere for AVs to help decorate my new Dilbert-esque cubicle. There aren't any that I could find in any store. I asked yesterday about it and the lady in charge said they stopped ordering AVs because after 2 days they would die. I've been looking everywhere. So I turned to the great wide web and found Optimara's website. I thought it would be cool to get 2 optimaras named for my home state, Ohio, and one for the state I'm living in now, Maine. I've been to the selective gardner website and they have Maine available, but no Ohio. Does anyone out there have it or know where I could get a leaf or two from one? I know that I'm not supposed to ask for freebies and that I'm not to be trusted, but if anyone out there knows anything about it, I would appreciate the info.

Thanks a bunch from a new AV person!

Marie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: No AVs anywhere

Marie!!

Welcome to the Afican violet desert in Maine. You're right, very few AVs here, all noids.

Today is your lucky day though. We do have an AV club here, and our next meeting is tomorrow night! There will be lots of leaves and stuff to share with you if you can make it.

Send me an e-mail at bspoffor@maine.rr.com for location, etc.

Welcome to Maine.

Barbara

o

If you wanted to do a mail order, check out Buckeye violets. There are two nice violets with "Ohio" in their names: Buckeye Ohio Friendship and Buckeye Remember Ohio.

Here is a link that might be useful: Buckeye Violets

o

There are also Ohio Sunrise (Eyerdom hybrid) leaves on eBay.

o

I agree with Barbara, come join our Maine African Violet club!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the African Violets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here