Return to the African Violets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's blooming?

Posted by alotofplants 6b (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 7, 07 at 23:38

I have a lot of AV's blooming right now I thought I would share.

Concord
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Frozen in Time

Ness' Satin Rose

Suncoast Peppermint Kathy

The Alps

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's blooming?

alotofplants those are all just lovely. Beautiful healthy plants with gorgeous blooms. Congrats!

o

Gorgeous! Thank you for sharing!

o

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. Two of my favorite chimeras that I am too cheap to buy, Concord and The Alps.
I fell in love with Concord when I saw it the first time at the AVSA convenition in Boston.
Fred in NJ

o

Fred, where are you in NJ? I am in Yardley, right across from Trenton. I have to say Concord is my favorite. It is so vibrant and a wonderful bloomer.

o

alotofplants, Very lovely. And these are all s/h grown? Did you start these plants from a leaf propagated in s/h? And oh yes, where do people find soilless regular houseplants to grow in s/h? Or do you have to start your own from cuttings? donnaviola also what are you feeding your AV?

o

These are all s/h grown. I will buy plants and clean off all the dirt and then put them in s/h. I put in a humidity bag for a few weeks. The don't usually even notice. I just feed them regular AV food and the same amount as with dirt.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the African Violets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here