Return to the African Violets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My current blooms

Posted by snappyguy 9 (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 14, 10 at 10:51

Just thought I'd share a few pics of what is currently blooming for me. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do. I had to use a flash for most of them so they're slightly washed out looking.

Tropic Heat
Tropic Heat

Steel Blue
Steel Blue

Optimara EverGrace
Optimara EverGrace

The Martian
The Martian

Rebel's Splatter Kake
Rebel's Splatter Kake

Ozornye Volki
Ozornye Volki- Russian Hybrid

Optimara EverBeautiful
Optimara EverBeautiful

Yukako
Yukako

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My current blooms

Gorgeous! I'm thinking I need to finally get a Yukako now...

o

So beautiful! Great job taking the photos! Love the coloring on that Yukako too!

Theresa

o

Thanks all. If you do decide to get a Yukako, plan to devote a lot of room to it. It's listed as a standard, but in my experience, and talking to others in my local club, it should be listed as a large. Mine is currently 17 inches! It's a very heavy bloomer as well.

o

Your Opt Evergrace looks like a chimera! I love Yukako & have bought 2 of them, but they have not thrived for me. I might need to buy a bigger plant instead of a small starter. That seems to work better for me. Thanks for sharing your blooms. Gorgeous!

Mary

o

Mary,
My EverGrace seems to get about half of its' blooms looking this way, and the other half a more uniform mix of blue and white. I'm not sure if they're true chimeras, but I should probably try to propagate some. This hybrid has been known to sport to chimeras.

Mark

o

Thank you for posting the photos, nice job.

In regards to sports and chimeras.....I HAD Rebel's Splatter Kake also, but it sported to a chimera, so now I HAVE Rebel's Astro Spinner. I like it as much as the original, and the stripe is the same color as the blue fantasy.

Barbara

o

I would be so excited if one of my plants sported to a chimera. Rebel's Splatter Kake is one of the 1st named AVs I purchased (at a nursery). It is still growing. Recently I bought Rebel's Astro Spinner. Love them both.

Mary

o

I found out that the white with blue stripe chimera sport of Optimara EverGrace is known as Ko's Nonstop Interface. I've put down some bloom stalks in hopes that they'll take and I can get this plant.

o

I would think you'd have a good chance since you said about half your blooms look like the chimera. Pretty cool to know it has a name!

Mary

o

Thanks for those great photos, I happen to have four of them. Is Steel Blue really that blue? Mine is still a baby, so haven't seen it bloom.

o

The color in the photo of Steel Blue is pretty accurate on my monitor at least. It is one of the "bluest" violets I know of, although violets aren't ever truly blue. I guess I could say that this plant is the least red mixed with the blue.

Mark

o

Thanks, I can't wait for mine to bloom.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the African Violets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here