Return to the African Violets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
fungus mites

Posted by godspoetess (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 7, 08 at 13:41

Hello everyone not only am I new in here but I am new at growing african violets. I've never been good at growing them but since my mother in law passed away, I've replanted hers and mine this summer in hopes to keep hers for a long time as well as my own. She also had a couple spider plants.
I am so amazed at how my violets are doing, they are green and shining lots of blooms, sooooooooo healthy...BUT..
those spider plants had fungus mites and now they are after my beauties and I am frantic, can someone please advise me,should I transplant or use mild soap solution. I have rid the other plants of them by washing their roots and new soil. I don't want anything to happen to my violets I am so proud of them. I hope you can help...:( by the way this looks like a great site.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: fungus mites

There are fungus gnats and there are mites - and they are very different. What you see flying are fungus gnats - and somewhere up on ths forum it was suggested to drench the soil of your violets with a solution of Clorax and water. Try to search on it - use this forum SEARCH. I reaally do not remember what is the dilution rate. Fungus gnats are more of a nuisance than the threat, so do not worry.

If you have mites - this is big trouble - but they are small - you only see the damage, not the mites. Hopefully you do not have them - otherwise your violets would be blooming that well.

Good luck and welcome to the wonderful group of people who love African Violets.

Irina

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the African Violets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here