Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flowerpottipper

need help for sad wasp 'nymph fly" AV

flowerpottipper
10 years ago

Last May at a local orchid show and sale, I bought a Wasp 'nymph fly' African violet cause I thought it look cute and different (i believe it belong to the seller as a personal plant that they didnt want anymore cause they only had one). ..I also own two standard AVs for a few years that do awesome for me (always blooming and looking great, and easy enough to care for) so I have a little bit of experience with them... but I did notice the pot the nymph fly was in needed New soil because it was hard as a rock and it has gotten pretty leggy and it had grown a baby that was almost as big as the mother plant. .. so I went to my local nursery and bought they're best African violet soil and repotted the plant....the baby plant fell off when I was repotting but it did have it's own roots. So I planted them together in a new pot of the same size with the new soil and gave it some water. ... but now the poor thing looks like it's dying. ... all the leaves have wilted and I don't know how to fix it. ..I tried putting it under a glass dome for extra humidity, but that didn't make a difference. ... what is wrong and what should I do? ? I understand plants sometimes go thru shock when repotted, but this has been almost two weeks and its looking worse.....please help.....

Comments (3)

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus