Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
calshaye

Meeks Reddy African Violet

calshaye
10 years ago

Hi everyone, I haven't posted much for a while and still new to gardenweb, but I really love all the information available for everyone and especially newbies like myself.

Ok, I have a Meeks Reddy plant and I do not know anything about it at all and would appreciate any information on this AV. The one I have is blooming for the 1st time. It is a young plant so I don't know what future flowers will be.

Any help would be great! Thanks...Dixie

{{gwi:376992}}

Meeks Reddy 1

{{gwi:376993}}

Meeks Reddy 2

{{gwi:377003}}

Blossom on Meeks Reddy

Comments (10)

• calshaye
    Original Author
    10 years ago

No feedback yet, did I post this in the right forum? I was hoping for some info on this AV but no responses yet....If anyone knows about Meeks Reddy I would really appreciate some help. Thanks, Dixie

• irina_co
    10 years ago

Dixie - yours looks like semi-mini to me.

I found the seller on ebay who sells :
    Meeks Reddy Baby: Semi miniature trailer, dark green, dark red, double, R. Meek

Doesn't seem that yours is it - it is a very pretty violet - but it is mislabeled.

Enjoy it as is and if you know the person you got the violet from - you probably can track the true name.

Irina

Here is a link that might be useful: Meeks Reddy Baby

• calshaye
    Original Author
    10 years ago

thanks irina, I agree with you now that I looked @ photos. thanks for finding info and pics I appreciate it! Dixie

• irina_co
    10 years ago

It looks actually as one of the Rob's semi-minis.

• calshaye
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi irina, not sure what this AV actually is but it is very pretty and yes, I did have help with transplanting my violets so it very easily could have been mislabeled. Now the question is what did I do with the meeks reddy I had...., lol

So hard to tell but may end up getting baby on ebay. I love little trailers. Is there a Rob's website to compare pics of AV's and possibly come up with name? If so do you have the link? If not I can do some searching and see what I can come up with. Thanks for all your help :) Dixie

• bunnycat
    10 years ago

Rob's site is the violetbarn.com. If you don't find a match because he currently isn't selling that one, try googling "African violet Rob's" and you will get tons of hits. He has been hybridizing for decades.

• calshaye
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi irina, not sure what this AV actually is but it is very pretty and yes, I did have help with transplanting my violets so it very easily could have been mislabeled. Now the question is what did I do with the meeks reddy I had...., lol

So hard to tell but may end up getting baby on ebay. I love little trailers. Is there a Rob's website to compare pics of AV's and possibly come up with name? If so do you have the link? If not I can do some searching and see what I can come up with. Thanks for all your help :) Dixie

• calshaye
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi Bunnycat, thanks so much for the info, I will do that very soon and see what I can come up with....excited to see all the results!

~Dixie~

• PRO
    Whitelacey
    10 years ago

Cal,

If you think this was mislabeled during transplanting, check on the others as they bloom. You might find another with a wrong label and maybe there are just the two that have been switched. Been there, done that, too. ;)

Linda

• bunnycat
    10 years ago

Any chance you kept the invoices from your purchases? Or even your wish lists with check marks for the ones you ordered?